If you find yourself traveling through New York on Interstate 90 near Buffalo, consider spending a little time at Niagara Falls State Park, one of the country's most miraculous natural wonders. We have mapped out the truck route below. The route we mapped out is fairly simple. The streets of the town require some patience. Our directions will lead you to the over sized parking lot provided by the Seneca Casino and Hotel. The hotel address and phone number are 310 4th Street Niagara Falls, NY 14303; (866)-873-6322. The over sized gravel parking lot is located in front of the Casino at Seventh Street and Niagara Street. From this parking lot Niagara Falls is within walking distance. We were charged nothing to park in this lot but please patronize the Seneca Casino and Hotel, as they are so kind to permit us parking. There is also no cost to enter the Niagara Falls State Park. We'd love to hear your favorite travel destinations. You can submit them to be posted on our site by clicking here on Travel Submissions.
Please keep in mind, we were traveling in a truck with a height clearance of 13’6” and a 53’ long trailer. We chose the route below in order to avoid Truck Restricted routes and populated residential areas. To reach Niagara Falls, NY you will need to get to Interstate 190 North, above Buffalo. The way to I-190 North is different depending on whether you are traveling East or West on I-90 through New York. To I-190 NORTH AND NIAGARA FALLS from I-90 WEST you will take EXIT 50 and merge onto Interstate 290 WEST around Buffalo. From I-90 EAST you will take EXIT 53.
Once you are on Interstate 190 NORTH follow these directions:
1. Take EXIT 22 for US-62/Niagara Falls Blvd
2. Turn LEFT onto US-62 NORTH/ Niagara Falls Blvd
3. In 1.1 miles turn LEFT onto Packard Road
4. In 0.7 miles turn LEFT onto Hyde Park Blvd
5. In 0.4 miles make a SHARP RIGHT onto Buffalo Ave/NY-384. I believe there is a Low Clearance Warning of 13’8” on Buffalo Ave.
6. In 1.6 miles Buffalo Ave will continue onto Rainbow Blvd. You will be following NY-384
7. In 0.1 miles TURN RIGHT onto John Daly Blvd. Still following NY-384
8. Turn LEFT onto Niagara Street
9. You should now see the gravel parking lot to your LEFT. Go to Seventh Street and turn LEFT into the lot.
We'd love to hear your travel stories and the destinations you love. You can submit them to be posted on our site by clicking here on Travel Submissions.
WALKING TO THE PARK ENTRANCE:
1. Head out of the lot WEST on Niagara Street.
2. Slight LEFT onto Prospect Street
.3. At Old Falls Street you should see the entrance to the park on your right.
There may be buses or trucks already parked in the lot which is
helpful when trying to visually spot it from the street.