Bonus Tip 5
KEEPING THE FAMILY CONNECTION STRONG WHILE YOU ARE ON THE ROAD.
While we have enjoyed success working with our customers and helping them grow their businesses, we have also seen one under discussed problem over and over…the disruption that trucking can have on your family life. These tips would not be complete without discussing some ways to help you stay connected to your family. Here are some real life suggesons from our clients that have helped them stay connected at home.
1. Embrace technology. Gone are the days of stopping at a truck stop and using a pay phone to call home. Today, we can stay connected with our family in so many ways. Get a smart phone and learn how to use it.
2. Take pictures as you travel the roads. Help your family see the country through YOUR eyes. Take pictures of historical places, city skylines, state parks, sports stadiums and so much more. Snap a picture and text or email it home.
3. Buy a web camera for your laptop and for your home computer. Web cameras with a microphone can cost as little as $10, so for $20, both you and your family can have video and sound capabilities. This small investment can make your contact very personal.
4. Learn how to FaceTime or Skype with your family. Use your smartphone, the camera on your laptop. These are wonderful ways for you to stay visually connected with your family.
5. Schedule daily contact with home. Try to manage your log book so that you can create a daily call home. If you are stopped by 8pm most nights, make it 8 pm.
Matt Manero combines his business brilliance with more than 20 years of hands-on experience in transportation equipment finance. Today, he is a CEO leading four companies that generate over $100,000,000 per year in business with a base of more than 10,000 clients.
Matt launched his first business, Commercial Fleet Financing, Inc., in 1995 with a phone, a folding table and the unyielding confidence of a single client, a trucker. Fast forward 20 years: Commercial Fleet Financing, Inc. made Inc. magazine’s Top 500/5000 list of fastest growing companies in America in 2014. Matt is the creator and personality behind CFFnation.com, the first and only online video network featuring original programming for and by innovators, operators, movers and shakers of the transportation industry.
His companies have been recognized in trade publications such as Overdrive, Transport Topics, Commercial Carrier Journal, and Dealer Solutions Magazine. Matt hosts his own weekly Radio Show aptly named, “The Grit” which airs on lifestyletalkradio.com and also on CFFnation.com. In addition to “The Grit,” Matt has authored a series of quick read books entitled “Tower, Mover and Construction Co. Need to Know NOW”, and also a forthcoming book, “I NEED MORE MONEY,” which reflects his battle to build his business and guides readers in creating their own future and financial success.