Putting a child on board your truck or just looking for something to do while traveling this great country of ours? Why not visit one of 19 Six Flags amusement parks from one end of the country to the other. Most of these parks are very accommodating when it comes to truck parking. In this Truck Travel Series, we've done all the research for getting in and out of these theme parks or provided parking options nearby.
Founded as a wildlife center in 1973, the park operated as a drive-through safari then was converted to the theme park known as Six Flags America gradually over the years. The "America" in the park's name was chosen regarding the close proximity to the United States' capital. Among its series of thrilling roller coasters are Apocalypse, a stand-up coaster with speeds up to 55 mph, The Joker's Jinx, and the Mind Eraser; the park also features a host of dining and entertainment options.
If you're looking for thrill rides on your next family vacation, you can find a Six Flags theme park relatively close to your home. Six Flags operates parks in 19 locations, stretching from sea to shining sea. Some of the better-known Six Flags parks offer a combination of rides, entertainment and dining options. Getting your vacation plan together starts by simply picking which of the parks to visit. For general information, please visit www.sixflags.com/america
- Six Flags America allows Truck and Trailer parking
- Hours for entry and departure are the same as park hours
- Recommended point of entry is the front gate and stay as far right as possible
- Parking Price is $30 Total for Truck and Trailer
- Six Flags America is a 523-acre theme park located in Largo, Maryland which is 15 miles east of Washington D.C. and 30 miles southwest of Baltimore
- 13710 Central Ave, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- Phone: (301) 249-1500
There are 5 Truck Stops within 38 miles of the theme park that you may be able to drop your trailer at so that you can Bobtail to the park or leave it all at the truck stop and consider a Taxi or Rideshare service... (and now you can enjoy a beer at the theme park).
Check out this ground-breaking fare calculator that brings transparency to the Taxi and Rideshare industry. It is capable of calculating potential fares for various rideshare services including local taxis, Uber, Lyft, and others available in the area www.Rideguru.com
- 301 BP Crane Hwy Brandywine, MD 15 Miles South
- Transit Truck Stop I-97, Exit 10 Millersville, MD 16 Miles North East
- TA Baltimore South I-95, Hwy 175, Exit 41A Baltimore South, MD 19 Miles North
- TA Baltimore I-95, Exit 57 Baltimore, MD 29 Miles North East
- One Stop Travel Plaza US-301, Newburg, MD 38 Miles South
Six Flags has many options for great savings on memberships and passed that can save you money and get you access to all Six Flags across this nation. Please visit www.SixFlags.com for memberships deals.