Putting a child on board your truck or just looking for something to do while traveling this great country of ours? Why not visit one of 19 Six Flags amusement parks from one end of the country to the other. Most of these parks are very accommodating when it comes to truck parking. In this Truck Travel Series, we've done all the research for getting in and out of these theme parks or provided parking options nearby.
Starting out as a small oceanarium called Marine World in 1968, the park continuously added on until the attraction defaulted on its debt to the city of Vallejo and thus became owned by the city. Vallejo then hired Premiere Parks (now known as Six Flags Inc.) and was successfully converted to the theme park known as Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. The "Discovery Kingdom" in the name reflects the image of an animal park, a thrill-ride park, and a marine park. Among its series of thrilling rides are Dare Devil Chaos Coaster, the SkyScreamer, and Superman: Ultimate Flight, the tallest inversion roller coaster west of the Mississippi River. The park also features a host of dining and entertainment options such as the 4D theater.
If you're looking for thrill rides on your next family vacation, you can find a Six Flags theme park relatively close to your home. Six Flags operates parks in 19 locations, stretching from sea to shining sea. Some of the better-known Six Flags parks offer a combination of rides, entertainment and dining options. Getting your vacation plan together starts by simply picking which of the parks to visit. For general information, please visit www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom
- Six Flags America allows Truck and Trailer parking
- Hours for entry and departure are the same as park hours
- Recommended point of entry is the front gate and stay as far right as possible
- Parking Price is $30 Total for Truck and Trailer
- Six Flags America is a 135-acre theme park located in Vallejo, California which is just miles from Sacramento and San Francisco
- 1001 Fairgrounds Dr, Vallejo, CA 94589
- Phone: (707) 644-4000
There are 5 Truck Stops within 30 miles of the theme park that you may be able to drop your trailer at so that you can Bobtail to the park or leave it all at the truck stop and consider a Taxi or Rideshare service... (and now you can enjoy a beer at the theme park).
Check out this ground-breaking fare calculator that brings transparency to the Taxi and Rideshare industry. It is capable of calculating potential fares for various rideshare services including local taxis, Uber, Lyft, and others available in the area www.Rideguru.com
- Golden Gate Petroleum 700 Erlendson St Richmond, CA 16 Miles South
- Golden Gate Petroleum I-880 Oakland, CA 25 Miles South
- Bay Area Diablo Petroleum Company I-80 Oakland, CA 25 Miles South
- San Francisco Oakland Auto Truck Plaza I-880, Exit 37 Oakland, CA 27 Miles South
- Rotten Robbie Hwy 101, Exit 45 Santa Rosa, CA 30 Miles North West
Six Flags has many options for great savings on memberships and passed that can save you money and get you access to all Six Flags across this nation. Please visit www.SixFlags.com for memberships deals.