Putting a child on board your truck or just looking for something to do while traveling this great country of ours? Why not visit one of 19 Six Flags amusement parks from one end of the country to the other. Most of these parks are very accommodating when it comes to truck parking. In this Truck Travel Series, we've done all the research for getting in and out of these theme parks or provided parking options nearby.
Six Flags Great America is a Six Flags theme park in the Chicago metropolitan area, located in Gurnee, Illinois. It first opened in 1976 as Marriott's Great America. Six Flags purchased the park from the Marriott Corporation in 1984, making it the seventh park in the chain. As of 2012, the park has nine themed sections, a 20-acre waterpark, two specially themed children's areas, and various other forms of entertainment.
If you're looking for thrill rides on your next family vacation, you can find a Six Flags theme park relatively close to your home. Six Flags operates parks in 19 locations, stretching from sea to shining sea. Some of the better-known Six Flags parks offer a combination of rides, entertainment and dining options. Getting your vacation plan together starts by simply picking which of the parks to visit. For general information, please visit www.sixflags.com/greatamerica
- Six Flags Great America allows Truck and Trailer parking
- Hours for entry and departure are the same as park hours
- Recommended point of entry is the front gate and stay as far right as possible
- Parking Price is $30 Total for Truck and Trailer
- Six Flags Great America is a 304-acre theme park in the Chicago metropolitan area located in Gurnee, Illinois
- 1 Great America Pkwy, Gurnee, IL 60031
- Phone: (847) 249-1776
There are 5 Truck Stops within 24 miles of the theme park that you may be able to drop your trailer at so that you can Bobtail to the park or leave it all at the truck stop and consider a Taxi or Rideshare service... (and now you can enjoy a beer at the theme park).
Check out this ground-breaking fare calculator that brings transparency to the Taxi and Rideshare industry. It is capable of calculating potential fares for various rideshare services including local taxis, Uber, Lyft, and others available in the area www.Rideguru.com
- Gurnee Fuel Stop I-94, Exit 132 Gurnee, IL 2 Miles North East
- Speedway Hwy 41 / Hwy 137 North Chicago, IL 6 Miles South East
- TA Chicago North I-94, Russell Road Chicago North, IL 8 Miles North
- Toor's Car and Truck Plaza I-94, Exit 1 Russell, IL 8 Miles North
- Petro I-94 / Hwy 20, Exit 333 Sturtevant, WI 24 Miles North
Six Flags has many options for great savings on memberships and passed that can save you money and get you access to all Six Flags across this nation. Please visit www.SixFlags.com for memberships deals.