Putting a child on board your truck or just looking for something to do while traveling this great country of ours? Why not visit one of 19 Six Flags amusement parks from one end of the country to the other. Most of these parks are very accommodating when it comes to truck parking. In this Truck Travel Series we've done all the research for getting in and out of these theme parks or provided parking options nearby.
Six Flags Over Texas is a 213-acre theme park located in Arlington, Texas, east of Fort Worth and about 15 miles west of Dallas. It was the first Six Flags theme park, but because of later acquisitions it is not the oldest park of the Six Flags chain. The park opened on August 5, 1961, following just a year of construction and an initial investment of $10 million.
In addition to helping you get your truck safely parked at or nearby every NFL Stadium, every Nascar Track, every Six Flags and various Tourist Attractions we have now partnered with StaySmarter to bring you Truck Friendly Hotels close to your favorite venue or event. More Hotel Info Here.
If you are looking for thrill rides on your next family vacation, you can find a Six Flags theme park relatively close to your home. Six Flags operates parks in 19 locations, stretching from sea to shining sea. Some of the better-known Six Flags parks offer a combination of rides, entertainment and dining options. Getting your vacation plan together starts by simply picking which of the parks to visit. For general information please visit www.sixflags.com/overtexas
- Six Flags Over Texas allows Truck and Trailer parking
- Hours for entry and departure are the same as park hours
- Recommended point of entry is the front gate and stay as far right as possible
- Parking Price is $30 Total for Truck and Trailer
- Six Flags Over Texas is a 213-acre theme park located in Arlington, Texas
- 2201 Rd to Six Flags St E, Arlington, TX 76011
- Phone: (817) 640-8900
There are 5 Truck Stops within 18 miles of the theme park that you may be able to drop your trailer at so that you can Bobtail to the park or leave it all at the truck stop and consider a Taxi or Rideshare service... (and now you can enjoy a beer at the theme park).
- Tiger Mart I-20 Grand Prairie, TX 8 Miles South East
- Big D Travel Center Hwy 12, Pioneer Drive Irving, TX 11 Miles East
- Driver's Truck Stop I-35, Exit 54 Fort Worth, TX 13 Miles West
- Pilot I-35 West, Exit 65 Fort Worth, TX 17 Miles North West
- Love's I-35 West, Exit 40 Fort Worth, TX 18 Miles South West
Six Flags has many options for great savings on memberships and passed that can save you money and get you access to all Six Flags across this nation. Please visit www.SixFlags.com for memberships deals.