Putting a child on board your truck or just looking for something to do while traveling this great country of ours? Why not visit one of 19 Six Flags amusement parks from one end of the country to the other. Most of these parks are very accommodating when it comes to truck parking. In this Truck Travel Series, we've done all the research for getting in and out of these theme parks or provided parking options nearby.
The resort officially opened in 2006 and became the first one in the state of New York to feature an indoor waterpark. It features 200 rooms and a 38,000-square-foot waterpark called White Water Bay. The park is opened year-round and maintains an 80-degree water temperature. Just across the street is the Six Flags theme park, Great Escape. Besides the indoor waterpark, the lodge offers a multitude of attractions including an arcade, spa, fitness center, and a selection of restaurants and shops.
If you're looking for thrill rides on your next family vacation, you can find a Six Flags theme park relatively close to your home. Six Flags operates parks in 19 locations, stretching from sea to shining sea. Some of the better-known Six Flags parks offer a combination of rides, entertainment and dining options. Getting your vacation plan together starts by simply picking which of the parks to visit. For general information, please visit www.sixflags.com/greatescape
- Six Flags Great Escape allows Truck and Trailer parking
- Hours for entry and departure are the same as park hours
- Recommended point of entry is the front gate and stay as far right as possible
- Parking Price is $30 Total for Truck and Trailer
- Six Flags Great Escape features a 38,000-square-foot indoor waterpark located in Lake George, New York which is 60 miles north of Albany
- 89 Six Flags Drive, Queensbury, NY 12804
- Phone: (518) 824-6000
There are 5 Truck Stops within 26 miles of the theme park that you may be able to drop your trailer at so that you can Bobtail to the park or leave it all at the truck stop and consider a Taxi or Rideshare service... (and now you can enjoy a beer at the theme park).
Check out this ground-breaking fare calculator that brings transparency to the Taxi and Rideshare industry. It is capable of calculating potential fares for various rideshare services including local taxis, Uber, Lyft, and others available in the area www.Rideguru.com
- Betty Beaver Truck Stop I-87 Gansevoort, NY 6 Miles South
- Nice N Easy Grocery Shop Northbound I-87, Exit 17 Gansevoort, NY 8 Miles South
- Fort Ann Service Center 1300 SR-149 Fort Ann, NY 11 Miles North East
- Wilton Service Center I-87, Exit 16 Wilton, NY 13 Miles South
- Pottersville Nice N Easy I-87, Exit 26 Pottersville, NY 26 Miles North
Six Flags has many options for great savings on memberships and passed that can save you money and get you access to all Six Flags across this nation. Please visit www.SixFlags.com for memberships deals.